Wednesday 2 October 2013

Amir Khan to be next victim of P4P King Floyd Mayweather

Well... well.... well.... reports I am seeing are suggesting a fight between the hugely overrated / underrated (depending on who you hang around with) Amir Khan and the Pound for Pound king Floyd Money Mayweather is due to happen in 2014. Yes folks that's correct Amir Khan - Mayweather in 2014!

Yes I am slightly surprised. Shocked? No! This fight makes so much sense for everyone involved. All the British fans can watch the gob shite Khan get beaten by another arrogant wanker. It makes great viewing for anyone! I do believe it will sell massively. I also believe it will be the biggest disappointment of Amir Khan's Career.

Enough of my opinions lets look at the facts going into this fight. We will start with the massive favourite to lose - Amir:


Amir Khan - A Good Muslim
Khan - 28 W (19 TKO) - 3 L (2 TKO)

What worries me about Khans record is the lack of quality opposition. His best wins come against the soft hitting Malignaggi, Salita (No relevant opponents) & Madiana. The Madiana fight in my humble opinion could have been stopped a few times. Khan was completely out on his feet in that fight.

I'm not here to slate Khan as much as it seems but I am honest on where he is at. Khan in my opinion is one of the fastest "get in & get out" strikers in boxing with perfect accuracy and enough power to back it up. Khans weakness lies in being a "man". Khan will get tagged and turn on the bravado and get into a slugging match. The problem he faces is his chin cannot handle getting tagged again and again.

Khan has bounced back from a surprise two fight losing streak. He lost to Lamont Pearson over 12 rounds (Pearson failed a drug test after) and was knocked silly by Danny Garcia.

In the Pearson fight Khan started sharp but was eventually walked down with power shots and endurance he could not handle. How much steroids played in this win it is hard to tell but is certainly tarnished the win in many peoples views.

Khan took a fight against Danny Garcia after this and in reality it was an easy fight for Khan. Unfortunately after looking probably the sharpest he has ever looked he got caught with a big shot and was stopped. I have no doubt Khan would beat Garcia in a rematch in convincing fashion.

Khan took and won two fights after this. He beat Carlos Molina & Julio Diaz.

Floyd Mayweather - HA GAY!
Mayweather - 45 W (26 TKO) - 0 L

The big difference for Money is the calibre of opposition he has faced. Regardless of when he has faced them -  he beat them! He has pretty much beaten everyone of relevance besides me and Manny Pacquiao. The Manny fight is no longer that interesting after he was put to sleep for a long period by Sergio Martinez.

Floyd's last two fight have been against the one person I thought could challenge him in Saúl Álvarez and Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero. 

The Guerrero fight never excited me if I'm honest and I was not surprised by the result. The Alverez fight however had me pretty excited about a Mayweather fight for the first time in a long time. I Tuned in and was shocked at the masterclass Floyd put on. For the first time in a long time I understood the Hype around Floyd..

Many put down Alverez as not ready. I don't agree! I think Mayweather beat a game, strong and dangerous opponent convincingly and he needs credit for that.

My predictions on the Khan - Maywhather fight?

  • Biggest payday in history
  • Allot of crazy British fans believing Khan will pull it off
  • Allot of US fans rooting for Khan to beat the pantomime bad boy
  • Brutal 3rd round stoppage for Mayweather

I'm surprised (well I'm not) Money agreed to this fight. Just two weeks ago he was saying he is not Khan's meal ticket and he will only fight him when he has earned it. Lets be honest two losses followed by wins over Carlos Molina & Julio Diaz hardly qualify you for a shot at the pound for pound king. This fight screams easy money for both men but more so for Floyd. The reality is Amir Khan is one loss away from falling off the world scene. Khan should be very pleased this has been arranged. I honestly hope Khan stops him but in reality there is more chance of me catching a beautiful unicorn and making it wear black underwear while doing yoga. I'm slightly shocked Garcia has been overlooked here as I feel he is actually an easier opponent then Khan. Money talks and Khan gets viewers!

The real question is who is left for Floyd? The new bread in Alveraz was beaten convincingly. The old boys are gone. Unless he starts jumping further up weight classes doors are closing for the P4P king. The only other option besides going up in weight is to obtain a Crystal Meth (Tik) Addiction and maybe drop down below where he began?

No comments:

Post a Comment